Last Updated on 8th January 2021 by Editorial Team (Victoria)
SITEGROUND WEB HOSTING REVIEW
Hello friends, today we are going to write a full SiteGround web hosting review, including Pros & Cons, comparison, uptime, features and all. You can check whether it is good or not for your website. Let’s start,
SiteGround Web Hosting Review
What is Web Hosting?
Web hosting is the spine of each website. When you start your own website, you want people to view it. For this purpose, people approach the web hosting companies. Web hosting companies maintain the server where the website data is stored and helps the website to get connected to the internet.
For example, I am starting a website named www.findmytricks.com. A web hosting service provider will enable my website to be viewed on different servers. Once it hosts my website on the internet, people can type my domain name and see it.
Let’s start the complete SiteGround hosting review including Pros & Cons, comparison with different hosting providers, ratings and other features.
What is SiteGround?
SiteGround is a private web hosting company. It is a web hosting platform which provides quick and straightforward website management. The establishment of the company was in the year 2004. It was in Sofia, Bulgari which is now the headquarters. They have offices set up in many nations.
SiteGround has 5 data centres in the USA, Netherlands, UK and Singapore.
It is one of the best and top hosting companies with a strength of more than 500 employees. Moreover, it hosts more than 2,000,000 domains. WordPress.org has officially recommended it for its excellent services.
SiteGround Web Hosting Plans
SiteGround has three basic shared web hosting plans. You can choose a plan for personal or business websites, depending upon the features of the program.
- It costs $6.99 per month. It can host only one website. This plan is suitable for beginners. The webspace available is 10 GB. It can handle approximately 10,000 visits every month.
- Moreover, it also comes with many other features like free SiteBuilder, free SSL and HTTPS, free E-mail accounts, free daily backups, 24/7 customer support. The plan also has Free Cloudflare CDN, unmetered traffic, unlimited MySQL, SSH and 30 days money-back guarantee. These peculiarities proffer it an excellent option for people starting a website.
- It costs $9.99 per month. It can host unlimited websites. The plan is ideal for people who are planning to grow their business. The webspace available is 20 GB. It can handle approximately 25,000 visits every month. It also comes with many other features like free SiteBuilder, free SSL and HTTPS, free E-mail accounts, free daily backups, 24/7 customer support.
- Moreover, it also has Free Cloudflare CDN, unmetered traffic, unlimited MySQL, SSH and 30 days money-back guarantee. There are few special features available with this plan like free Site Transfer by specialists, high-level on-demand backup, WordPress platform, SuperCacher for tremendous speed, and adding collaborators. These features help the business to grow online.
- It costs $14.99 per month. It can host unlimited websites. As the title implies, this program is fit for web geeks. The webspace available is 30 GB. It can handle approximately 100,000 visits every month. Moreover, it also comes with many other features like free SiteBuilder, free SSL and HTTPS, free E-mail accounts, free daily backups, 24/7 customer support, unmetered traffic.
- It also has Free Cloudflare CDN, unlimited MySQL, SSH and 30 days money-back guarantee. Other special features include free Site Transfer by experts, SuperCacher for high speed, advanced on-demand backup, WordPress staging, and adding collaborators.
- Along with all these features, this plan includes special geeky features like higher preference maintenance, the most upper tier of server support, Single-click Git Repo conception and white-label site management. This is the highest level of plan available for internet geeks.
You can also check the hosting plans and features here.
Services Provided by SiteGround Hosting
SiteGround provides various services to its customers, the services provided are as follows,
- Web Hosting: As we all know, SiteGround helps to host websites and provides website management services to the clients. It includes shared hosting.
- Reseller Hosting: This service enables the account owner to rent out disk space and bandwidth to other users for profit. In this case, the account owner acts as a web host to others.
- Cloud Hosting: Unlike shared hosting, in cloud hosting, websites are hosted on multiple servers. It is suitable for accessible sites.
- Enterprise Hosting: Instead of using ready-made plans, the company makes a tailor-made plan which suits the business requirement. It is suitable for colossal business-facing heavy traffic.
- Student Hosting: It provides unique plans designed for students and faculty members to host their websites.
- Domain Names: It also helps to register your domain name while hosting your website. There are three categories of domains like popular domains, country domains and unique domains.
- Web Hosting for Agencies: In agency hosting the client, which is an agent can manage various accounts of his own clients through the SiteGround agency hosting service.
SiteGround Web Hosting Applications
The applications hosted on SiteGround are as follows,
- Managed WordPress Hosting: wordpress.org officially recommends SiteGround. It provides WordPress hosting for all types of sites. Moreover, it also helps in easy management of WordPress sites. It has in-house WordPress optimizations to improve website performance.
- WooCommerce Hosting: SiteGround helps to build a WooCommerce store. It helps in easy WooCommerce store setup for new as well as existing stores. It increases the speed of your website to improve sales.
- Joomla Hosting: It provides special Joomla features and expert Joomla support to the clients. It also helps to build a new Joomla site and manage existing sites.
- Magento Hosting: Magento is an open e-commerce platform. SiteGround provides unique solutions and expert Magento help to build and manage Magento online shops.
- Drupal Hosting: It helps to start a new Drupal project or transfer an existing project. It also provides unique features like easy setup, security, speed, Drupal support and tools.
- PrestaShop Hosting: PrestaShop is used to build online shops. SiteGround provides you with an excellent handmade hosting solution for the same. It gives you multiple server locations, easy setup and transfer.
SiteGround Web Hosting: Pros and Cons
SiteGround is one of the top hosting company. It has some excellent features which make it quite popular, but there are also some drawbacks. So before you make up your mind, have a look at some Pros and Cons of using SiteGround.
Pros of Using SiteGround Web Hosting Service
Free Site Migration:
- SiteGround provides free website migration from one host to another. The process is simple and hassle-free. It is done in 24 to 48 hours. They also have a new feature called SiteGround Migrator, which helps to transfer WordPress site from another hosting provider to SiteGround.
30 Days Money Back Guarantee:
- There are a strict 30 days money-back guarantee on shared hosting plans. If the client is not satisfied with the hosting assistance, they will get the money back. It is only for new customers.
Free SSL Certificate and Cloudflare CDN:
- Cloudflare can be activated for free in 1 click. It helps to cache the content of the website and distribute it to multiple data centres. It also provides an SSL certificate which is just as it protects information.
Fast Server Response Time:
- SiteGround uses the best technology and software to improve server response time. It has a super-fast server response time of 190 milliseconds over six month period.
- It is one of the best features. The customer suffers a lot when the data is lost. However, SiteGround provides regular backup facility to the clients to ensure the information is safe and available.
- Site Ground is one of the best customer service provider. They have a live chat and telephone support 24/7. Customers can also put a ticket on the website for assistance. There are tutorials about all the services provided and how to use it.
- It has unique security features which help to safeguard the interest of the clients. They have anti-spam tools, IP address blocking feature, free SSL certificate, HackAlert, Leech Protect and free site checking tools to maintain security.
Multiple Server Locations:
- It has 5 data centres in 4 countries. While signing up for SiteGround services, there is an option to choose the server location. The user chooses the nearest location to improve the speed of the server. The data centres are located in Amsterdam, Chicago, Milan, London and Singapore.
- Uptime percentage is used to know how often the website is down or unavailable. SiteGround provides 99.999% uptime. Which is the most important thing that people look while searching for the best hosting provider.
Better Load Time:
- SiteGround uses the best technology to improve speed. They have an average load time of 1.3 seconds. That’s how quick the websites are loaded while being hosted on SiteGround.
- SiteGround is a company which is established globally. It focuses on most countries, unlike other hosting companies. Moreover, it was founded in Bulgaria and has data centres scattered around the globe. They also have a Spanish language page on their website.
Cons of Using SiteGround Web Hosting Service
- Each plan has a storage limit. StartUp Plan – 10 GB, GrowBig Plan – 20 GB and GoGeek Plan – 30 GB.
Domain Name Charges:
- Most hosting providers give free domain name for the first year of use to attract new customers. SiteGround does not provide this facility.
Monthly Resource Limit:
- Like storage limit, it has resources deadline, i.e. how much support you are allowed for a month. If you cross the threshold, the site will go on hold till next month. Limits are StartUp Plan – 10,000 visits per month, GrowBig Plan – 25,000 visits per month and GoGeek Plan – 100,000 visits per month.
SiteGround VS Other Web Hosting Companies
SiteGround vs GoDaddy:
- GoDaddy is quite famous as it provides cheap services. However, to tackle that SiteGround has excellent support and technology. SiteGround focuses on every aspect of web hosting.
- And I personally never recommend GoDaddy for hosting services. They are good in terms of domain registrar but not yet fit for hosting.
SiteGround vs InMotion:
- They both face cut-throat competition from each other in terms of price, technology, services and support. InMotion has better pricing and guarantee period. Whereas, SiteGround has special unique features which I already mentioned above.
SiteGround vs Bluehost:
- Bluehost beats SiteGround in pricing, but it lacks in performance. It is only suitable for small scale or personal web hosting. SiteGround provides excellent professional services for huge companies.
SiteGround vs HostGator:
- Same like Bluehost, HostGator has better prices and features. But SiteGround has better performance and values. HostGator is suitable for smaller projects, whereas SiteGround is suitable for more significant projects.
Comparison of Table (Ratings)
SiteGround vs GoDaddy
SiteGround vs InMotion
SiteGround vs Bluehost
SiteGround vs HostGator
What Makes SiteGround Better Than Others???
- Performance or speed is one of the most crucial parameters to consider while choosing a web hosting company. Unlike all the other web hosts, SiteGround provides excellent performance with better load time, uptime guarantee and fast server response time.
- Security is the second most important parameter while choosing a web host. Once again, SiteGround provides in-built protection as well as other security tools to prevent security mishap. Moreover, it has tools like anti-spam, IP address blocking feature, free SSL certificate, HackAlert and Leech Protectto maintain security.
- Most of the web hosting companies do not give enough importance to customer support. But SiteGround takes customer support very seriously. However, it has one of the best customer support team. They have 24/7 chat and telephone services. They also provide essential service tutorials on their website.
- SiteGround has many special features along with standard and basic features. The features go on improving as per the plan. But even with a basic startup plan, you will get features which are not available on other hosting sites.
- Price becomes the number one factor while selecting a web hosting site. SiteGround has considerably high rates, but still, it is nothing compared to the additional features like money-back guarantee, free SSL, etc.
Conclusion: Do We Recommend SiteGround????
Yes, we do. In fact, we are using SiteGround on our site.
After using and testing this hosting, we decided to write a genuine SiteGround web hosting review.
And it is quite clear from the plans, features, services, pros, cons, comparison table and parameters that SiteGround is better than most of the web hosting companies. Moreover, it is a complete package with affordable price, excellent performance, high-level security, and unique features. Even though the price is slightly high, it gives you super-fast speed and results.
In this busy world, anyone would prefer speed and performance over a small amount. There is no harm in trying SiteGround, as you have a 30 days money-back guarantee. So if you are looking for a good, trustworthy and fast web hosting site, go with SiteGround.Once you use it, you will get hooked.
SiteGround Web Hosting Discount Coupon
So, if you like this SiteGround web Hosting Review, then comment on your opinions and experience. And don’t forget to share it with your friends who are looking for SiteGround Web Hosting review.
People also search for:
Ajmer Singh is the Founder & Author of Findmytricks. He is a Passionate Blogger, Content writer & WordPress designer. He loves sharing content regarding WordPress and Blogging. He enjoys playing games in his free time.
1. “Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.”
2. “First, learn the rules, then break them”