Ultimate Guide To Learn SEO For Beginners
Last Updated on 13th January 2022 by Ajmer Singh
The ultimate guide to learn SEO for Beginners
Many people approach SEO companies to optimize their websites and generate more traffic. But it can be costly as you have to maintain the site for a long time. So instead of spending your money on SEO, you can learn it yourself.
Many site owners learn about SEO to optimize and maintain their websites. SEO can be complicated theoretically, but you will get the hang of it when you try to do it on your own.
All you need to do is follow a beginner’s guide and try to do it on your own. Most of the tools you need for SEO are available on the internet. You can use this guide along with the tools to learn SEO.
Ultimate Guide to Learn SEO for Beginners
SEO = Search Engine Optimization. Here, you optimize the content on your website. You have to do it in such a manner that it will be shown on the top in search results.
You have to take advantage of the keyword while doing it. If you want your website to rank on top, you have to optimize the content as per people’s search intent.
If it matches their search intent, your website will get a higher rank. To do this, you have to focus on many SEO activities.
Learning SEO for Beginners
When you know how to do SEO for your website, nobody will be able to beat your site ranking. When you work on optimizing your website’s content, you will know precisely what changes you need to make.
You can simply focus on your site instead of wasting your money on paid ads. You will not only be able to rank your website but take advantage of your competitor’s site as well.
You need to know about the basic SEO terms before you learn how to do it.
- On-page SEO: It means every change you make on your website. On-page means on your website. It includes posting quality content with appropriate keywords.
- Off-page SEO: It means any change you make outside of your website. Off-page means not on your own site. It includes guest posting and creating backlinks.
- Backlinks: These are links on other people’s page or website that leads people to your site. You need to create only quality backlinks.
- Black Hat SEO: These are practices condemned by Google. You will face a penalty for using these techniques.
- White Hat SEO: It means SEO done in the right way. You need to focus on this type of SEO.
Search Engine Ranking
It merely means the rank of your website in search results. If your page has a high ranking, it will appear on top of the search results. If it has a low ranking, it will not appear on the search page.
Search engines use various algorithms and factors to rank the websites. Google uses web crawlers that crawl on different websites to check the quality of the site.
Google uses more than 200 factors to rank websites. However, some elements are more critical than others.
- Referring Domains: It means websites that link to your site. If you have links on reputed websites, you can quickly increase your ranking.
- Organic click-through rate: It means the number of times people click on your website from search results.
- Domain Authority: It means the authority of your website. You can build authority by creating quality backlinks and posting quality content.
- Domain Relevancy: The content on your website should match the main topic. If your site is about food recipes, you should post about food.
- Mobile Usability: It means the ease of use of your website on a mobile platform.
- Dwell Time: It means the time a user spends on your site.
- Number of Backlinks: It refers to your links on other sites.
- Content Quality: It means posting better quality content on your page or site.
These are factors on the basis of which ranking is done.
In order to get the highest ranking, your On-page SEO should be on point. As we have discussed earlier, on-page SEO refers to anything you do on your site to optimize the content. It consists of many things.
The first thing you need to do before posting or writing anything on your site is keyword research. You need to choose keywords with high volume. Apart from that, you also need to understand the intent of the search.
- Title and Subheadings:
After doing the keyword search, you need to try to fit into the title and subheadings. Don’t put the keywords where it is not necessary. You have to write the meta title and meta description because it is what the user will see.
- Readable URLs:
This is a very important step. Most people ignore this, but it is a game-changer. You need to use URLs that are easy to read. Use user-friendly URLs so that people can get an idea about your site.
- Rich Media:
You need to make your site attractive by adding images and videos. People love multimedia because it makes your blogs visually attractive. Make sure you optimize the media before adding it. Also, don’t forget to add alt text so that Google can read it.
- Link for Other Posts:
Internal linking is very important. You need to create internal links so that users can explore different pages on your site without any hassle. They can easily click on the link to check other pages too.
- Mobile Optimization:
Your site should be mobile-friendly because most people use their phone browser to open the site. If your site easily opens on mobile browsers without taking too much time to load, you will get a higher ranking.
- Voice Search:
Nowadays, people are using a voice search option to search for content. To appear in voice search results, you need to be under the top 3 sites. You can increase your chances of appearing by adding FAQs to your site.
When you search for something on Google, there are sometimes boxes visible on top of the page. These are snippets.
You can optimize your content so that it can appear in the snippets. You need to appear on the first page of search results and use question-based content. Example, How to, Who is, Where is, etc.
Content marketing and SEO
Content marketing and SEO are complimentary. You have to focus on both these aspects if you want to maintain your website.
If you have excellent content, but you haven’t done the SEO, then it won’t appear in search results, and nobody will read it.
Similarly, if you have a well-optimized website but no quality content, again, nobody will read it.
The trick is to focus on both.
Types of Content
There are a few types of content that are more preferable. You need to focus on these. The content should be,
- In-depth Guides
- Visual Post
These types of content help to engage the users. It also helps you to get backlinks.
If you want to get the top three ranking positions, you need to write more than 1000 words per content. Content with such length helps you get you a higher rank.
Before writing the content, you need to know what keywords to use. For this purpose, you need to research it.
The first thing you need to do is get ideas for the topics related to your site and list the topics you want to include.
Now, put the topic in Google search and check the keywords. When you type it in the box, there will be suggestions from Google. Also, check the related search box at the end of the page.
After you list down all the keywords, you need to check if it is right for your post. You can check it by using various SEO tools like Ahrefs, Semrush, Moz, etc.
However, we recommend semrush. Why – check yourself using their free trial.
You need to check all these factors.
- Search Volume: It should have a decent volume.
- Keyword Difficulty: Go for low competition keywords in the beginning.
- Keyword Trend: You can use Google Trends to check the keyword suitability.
Apart from using the primary or main keywords, you can also use Semantic Keywords. It is also known as LSI.
These keywords relate to the main keywords. You can use the LSIGraph tool to get these keywords.
Use them with original keywords to optimize the content. Make sure you use all the keywords naturally.
It is very important for website ranking. It means getting links from other reputed sites. These links help you to build your authority.
But you need to focus on quality backlinks. Not all backlinks are good for you. Some may lead you to a penalty.
You need to use backlinks from,
- High authority sites
- Relevant sites
- Unique domain sites
Building Quality Links
You need to get “do follow” links. These links are useful. Don’t go with “no follow” links as they are not useful.
- Resources pages: You need to find sites that post useful content. After you find them, request them to post your content. Your content should be resourceful.
- Link Roundups: Some sites regularly link other sites after every month. It is known as link roundups. You need to find such sites and ask them to post your content.
- Competition: You can check where your competitor is getting links from. You can approach the same sites to get links.
This is your ultimate guide to learn SEO for beginners. All the information given here is enough for you to start optimizing your own site. You can use various SEO tools to save time and get the data.
Don’t forget to share it with your friends who are looking for an ultimate guide to learn SEO for beginners.
People also search for:
Ajmer Singh is the Founder & Author of Findmytricks. He is a Passionate Blogger, Content writer & WordPress developer. He loves sharing content related to WordPress and Blogging. He enjoys playing games in his free time.
CONTACT: [email protected]
1. “Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.”
2. “First, learn the rules, then break them”