Affiliate marketing is probably one of the most profitable way to earn money online.
It is basically the online sales strategy that makes you sell others product and earn commissions directly, without spending a single money from your pocket.
This is a type of performance based marketing, in which a business rewards one or more affiliates for each visitor or customer brought by the affiliate’s own marketing efforts.
Overall, Affiliate Marketing is also called “Performance Marketing”
Affiliate marketing has made businesses millions and ordinary people millionaires –Bo Bennet
The cost of the product is same for the customers whether they buy directly from the owner or from your affiliate link.
And whenever someone purchase the product through your link, you will get the commission or in simple, some percentage of the sale.
But how Affiliate Marketing works?
- Join an Affiliate program.(like Amazon , CJ Affiliate, Clickbank etc.)
- Look for the product you want to sell & copy its affiliate link.
- Place the link on your website wherever you want or share the link through Social services. (like facebook)
- Whenever someone purchases the product through your link, you earn a commission.
Locating Affiliate Programs
There are two primary ways to locate affiliate programs for your website :
- Affiliate Program directories.
- The target website itself. (Websites that offer an affiliate program often have a link titled “Affiliate Program”, “Referral Program” – usually in the footer or About section of the Website itself.)
Google Adsense is good but through Affiliate Marketing your earnings are limitless. (Depending upon your traffic and audience trust)
And yes, you can use both (adsense & affiliate links) on your website, that is not illegal.