Last Updated on 25th August 2021 by Ajmer Singh
As you know, sometimes people only want to read some part of the article or blog posts. Table of content makes your posts easy and manageable for that kind of user.
With the help of the table of contents, you can easily skip the other information and directly visit that part of the article you want to read. It also helps Google to show rich snippets in the search results.
In this blog post, I am going to tell you about the 5 Best tables of Contents plugin for WordPress. you can choose any of them as per your needs.
5 BEST TABLE OF CONTENTS PLUGIN FOR WORDPRESS
- automatically generate the table of content for your posts, pages or custom post types.
- You can select where you want to insert or display your table of content. In pages or posts, in posts only & more.
- Themes are also available or you can create your own by choosing your own colours for the border, background or link colour.
- different counter formats: none, decimal, numeric & roman.
- you can choose your table of content to be hierarchical or not.
- supports hide table of contents feature
AUTHOR: Steven A.Zahm
ACTIVE INSTALLATIONS: 100,000+
The one we are using on our website. Creates SEO friendly Table of content for your posts, pages or custom post types.
- automatically insert the table of contents
- SEO friendly- table of contents code is ready to use by google for rich snippets on search result pages
- you can also use shortcodes, Gutenberg blocks or widgets
- Hierarchical or linear view
- you can use decimal or roman numbers for the table of contents
- you can customize the appearance like width, float, title and items font size, colours & more.
- optionally choose toggle show/hide
- wrap table of contents with <!-noindex-> tag
ACTIVE INSTALLATIONS: 10,000+
- automatically generates a table of contents for your posts and pages
- supports a multi-level table of contents that is fully customizable
- you can use shortcodes
- customization available for different sections & headers, defined by your post or page content
- you can also create a table of contents using div/span tags or CSS classes
- define the table of contents by tag, class and id
- collapse TOC (table of contents) on page upload
- insert TOC on any specific location using a shortcode
- support multiple pages TOC
AUTHOR: Creative Minds Solutions
ACTIVE INSTALLATIONS: 1,000+
PRICE: Free & Premium
4. Table Press
Table press allows you to create and manage tables. You can insert a table with the use of a simple shortcode. Not only headings and subheadings but you can also contain any type of data, even formulas that will be evaluated.
- you can create and manage tables in the WordPress dashboard
- you can use the shortcode [table id=<the-ID> /] where you want the table of content on your website. After creating a table a unique ID will be given to you. Use this ID in the above shortcode and paste it wherever you want the table.
- supports CSS
- customizations like filtering, alternating, row colours & more.
- you can visit tablepress.org for more information or a demo.
AUTHOR: Tobias Bathge
ACTIVE INSTALLATIONS: 800,000+
You can use this plugin not only for the table of contents but it also includes the following blocks:
- content filter
- table of contents
- tabbed content
- call to action
- content toggle
- styled box
- styled list
- Click to tweet
- social share
- count down
- progress bar
- post grid
- star rating
- image slider
So now, as you know that it is not only a table of contents plugin but also a multiuse plugin that lets you explore more things within just one plugin.
AUTHOR: Ultimate Blocks
ACTIVE INSTALLATIONS: 5,000+
All of the plugins are best to create a table of contents. You can choose any of them according to your website needs.
So, these are the best table of contents plugin for WordPress.
If you like this article then share it with your friends.
People also search for:
Ajmer Singh is the Founder & Author of Findmytricks. He is a Passionate Blogger, Content writer & WordPress developer. He loves sharing content related to WordPress and Blogging. He enjoys playing games in his free time.
1. “Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.”
2. “First, learn the rules, then break them”