Last Updated on 24th November 2021 by Ajmer Singh
Starting a blog is one of the best decisions you can make. It takes time and dedication to create quality content that will keep your readers coming back for more.
But there’s no need to fear, we’ve compiled a list of easy tricks that will help you create original posts that are guaranteed to engage your audience!
How to write unique content for your website or blog
25 tips to write unique content
1) Brainstorm ideas with friends or coworkers
What better way to come up with new topics than by collaborating? Jot down as many potential post titles as possible and then narrow it down together.
2) Read other blogs
Take some time each day (or week if possible) and read several different blogs in order for you to get an idea of what types of posts they write about and how often they publish posts. You may even find inspiration for how to approach writing your posts!
3) Conduct interviews
This is a great way to engage your readers by asking questions that they are interested in. The best part about doing this is that you can ask them directly, one at a time!
4) Create infographics
Infographics are wonderful because they are visual, making it easy for your readers to understand statistics and information. If you’re not the best at writing how-to’s, this is a great alternative.
5) Write how-to posts
These posts are great to write if you want an opportunity to use your creative side. It also allows you to come up with great titles that will capture your audience’s attention.
6) Use a thesaurus
This is a free way to find alternative words for common phrases and terms. Sometimes you come across a word that just does not sound right in a particular sentence, making it necessary to use another word instead.
7) Don’t be afraid to get creative
The internet is filled with how-to’s that teach the same concepts. Find a new spin on how to do something, or write about how certain topics can affect us in different ways.
For example, instead of writing how much sleep people need each night, you could write how sleep affects emotions!
8) Write an opinion post
Feeling a little feisty? Express it! Opinion posts are a great way to express how you feel about an issue and to start a conversation with other’s who have the same or different opinions as you do.
9) Change your perspective
Take a topic that everyone else is writing about and write from your own perspective as if you were in that situation. This can be a fun and challenging way to write interesting content.
10) Offer tips
Everyone loves a solid how-to tip, even if it’s something we already know how to do! If you have some great advice on how to use certain products or how to succeed in different aspects of life, this is a great topic to write about.
11) Make it fun
No one wants to read a dull post, make your how-to’s interesting and not long-winded by adding in some humour or personal experience. This helps you connect with your audience on a more real level.
12) Include images/video
Adding in visuals is a great way to keep your audience engaged, especially if the how-to is a little lengthy. They can serve as a quick visual reference point.
Everyone has a story or two up their sleeve, why not share them? You may inspire someone else or learn how other’s deal with similar experiences in their lives.
14) Try new things
Does a how-to post sound bore to you? Come up with how-tos that aren’t usually written about! Baking, crafting, how to change your car tire (lots of people write this one!), how to clean your dog’s teeth… The possibilities are endless.
15) Surprise your readers
Come up with how-to’s that leave the reader in shock, how did you know how to do this?
This is different from surprising them in a bad way (messing up), but how about how to surprise someone on their birthday or how to escape from prison! These ideas are more likely to grab your audience’s attention.
16) Follow how-to videos on YouTube
Sometimes you can find how-to’s that are done in video format, making it easier to follow along!
For example, how to make a Thanksgiving turkey or how to plant succulents. These how-to’s often come with step by step instructions and pictures, giving your how-to post a fun twist.
17) Use how-to’s written by other’s
If you are having trouble coming up with how-to ideas, it may pay off to research how-to posts on different websites. You can either use how-to’s as resources or even copy them and make small changes! Just make sure to credit the how-to post you used.
18) Make how-to videos
This may be a bit more difficult than writing how-to posts, but it can be just as fun! You could create how-to’s on YouTube and then link them to your how-to post for an added bonus.
19) Ask others how they would do it
When you are at a loss for how to write your post, ask others how they would do so. Chances are they will give you some unique ideas that your audience may find helpful or even novel!
20) Ask how-to questions on Yahoo! Answers
People always go on Yahoo! Answers to ask how-to questions and get their answers. Why not do the same?
You can head on over to Yahoo! Answers and find how-to questions that you could then use as how-to post topics!
21) Google how-to’s using quotes
This is a little different than simply Googling how-to’s, but you can come up with how-to questions that may give fewer search results.
For example, how to change a tire becomes “how do I change a tire” or how to make a cake becomes “how do I make a cake”. By using quotes in your how-to google search, you may find how-to’s that aren’t as popular.
22) Include how-to’s in your everyday life
When you learn how to do something new, such as how to change a tire or how to make macaroons, write it down and use it for a future how-to post! You may be able to turn your normal day into a unique content.
23) Add how-to sections to your blog posts
If you already have a blog post written, feel free to add how-to sections into them! This way you can turn your process of making dinner into how to make roasted chicken.
On Twitter, Instagram and Tumblr there are how-to hashtags you can use to find how-to post ideas. For example, on Instagram how to could be used with every image posted under #howto. You can search howto and find a ton of posts to use as how-to post resources.
25) Use how-to on Pinterest
Plug howto into Pinterest’s search bar and you’ll come up with a ton of how-to boards. You could even create your own how-to board for future how-to posts!
10 Tips to create engaging content
1) Understanding how your audience thinks can help you deliver content that they want. For example, if your business provides pet care services, think about how you would talk to someone who has never owned a dog before.
2) Remember that the audience is just as important as the message itself. Keeping this in mind, consider how you engage with social media followers, how you talk to friends, how you write an email.
3) It is important to understand how the customer relates to your brand. Social media can be a great place for this because you are talking with your audience in their own environment.
Try looking at how they interact with other brands or how they post about things that are relevant to your industry.
4) Keep your audience in mind when you write and make sure it is something that they would like to see or share. Look at how similar brands in the same industry engage with their audiences and how these interactions influence how people feel about them.
5) It can be very powerful to look at how your competition engages with their audience and how you can change how your brand relates to theirs. You need to find a way to do things better than them so that people will want to choose your product or service over the one they are currently using.
6) Have a conversation with your customers or clients. Ask how they would like to see content delivered and how you should change what you are currently doing.
7) If your website is solely for the purpose of delivering the content, how could this be changed so that it engages more people? Having a blog or other social media presence can help improve how your brand relates to others by building relationships with them.
8) This tip might sound a little obvious but what makes your business unique? What do you have those other businesses don’t and how can you use this difference to engage with others?
9) Looking at how your competition engages with its audience will help you determine how to stand out from the crowd. Pay attention to how they relate to people, how they promote themselves and how they establish themselves in the marketplace.
10) It is a good idea to look at how successful brands that you don’t operate in the same industry engage with their audience. Businesses like Apple, Starbucks and Nike have managed to build very loyal followings because of how they stand out from others within their market.
Why unique content is important?
As search engine crawlers are getting smarter, it’s harder to rank pages because so many websites have basically the same information.
Similarly, how are you supposed to stand out in a crowd when there are thousands of other sites with the exact same content? The answer lies in how unique your content is.
What defines uniqueness?
Unique content is basically content that hasn’t been written before. This doesn’t mean you have to come up with the next great idea, just write about how to achieve your goals in a unique way that not many people are willing to take on.
Why it’s important for businesses?
Having original content is extremely important if you’re running a website for businesses.
It shows how much thought you’ve put into your product, how high your standards are and how much respect you have for people who take the time to read what you have to say. This simple step separates you from the crowd and makes it easier for readers to find you.
Why is unique content important for readers?
When you’re looking for information online, wouldn’t it be a lot easier if all you had to do was read something that hasn’t been recycled from one site to another?
It would help save time and make the internet a much more interesting experience.
How can I write a unique content?
Here are 10 foolproof ways how you can write unique content for your website.
1. Ask yourself how you can achieve your goals in a new way?
2. Survey people on how they achieve their goals, ask them if they have any tricks that work for them and how they overcome challenges along the way. You’ll be surprised how many people will happily share their ideas with you, especially if you’re writing how-to articles.
3. Think of how you can expand upon how to achieve your goals. If you’ve already written an article on how to do it, write about how to take it one step further or how to work through problems that might come up along the way.
4. Ask experts in your field how they do it.
5. If you have more than one goal, how can you combine those goals?
6. Read about how to achieve your goals from other sources and find a way how to put your own spins on them.
7. Write about how you overcame challenges that came up when trying to achieve your goals. You’ll be surprised how many people will appreciate your honesty, especially if they’re experiencing the same problems you went through.
8. Write about how others can overcome similar challenges how to achieve their goals.
9. Share stories of how certain actions led to certain consequences – how someone could have prevented it or how they could correct it now that they know how it happened.
10. Think about how you can connect your goals with readers’ goals to make it easier for them to relate to what you have written.
Writing unique content isn’t hard, especially if you’ve already got the know-how on how to achieve your goal. The main thing is putting in enough thought so that people can actually learn how to do something new or how they can apply a new piece of knowledge to their lives.
Thanks for reading our blog post! Hopefully, this article has given you some insight into how you can write unique content for your website. If you have any questions, feel free to leave them in the comment section below and we’ll be happy to answer them!
By the way, how do you write unique content for your website? Let us know in the comment section below. Thanks for reading!
Follow our Quora space: WordPress For Beginners
People also search for:
Ajmer Singh is the Founder & Author of Findmytricks. He is a Passionate Blogger, Content writer & WordPress developer. He loves sharing content related to WordPress and Blogging. He enjoys playing games in his free time.
1. “Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.”
2. “First, learn the rules, then break them”