Why are Images Important for SEO?
Last Updated on 20th September 2023 by Ajmer Singh
Are you looking for reasons why are images important for SEO and blog posts?
Images are visually appealing – they give your post the wow factor.
Furthermore, including beautiful images in your content can increase traffic to your site, improve reader engagement and help in conversion rates.
|My Blogging Picks of 2023|
|Hosting||Code - AJMER20 & 3 Days Free Trial|
|Internal Links Plugin||Code - AJMER15|
|Theme||Code - AJMER15|
|SEO Tool||14 Days Free Trial|
|Affiliate Plugin||25% Off|
10+ Reasons Images are important for SEO & Blogs
1. Images are one of the main factors for increasing the traffic and SEO value of your blog.
2. With images you can improve the quality and engagement of your posts, otherwise it will be boring to read.
3. When people see beautiful images they are more likely to share them on social media sites, which can increase backlinks to your site.
4. Google also prefers image content due to their rich pictures, which means you can get a ranking boost.
5. Images have the ability to tell a story in just one picture, so they can be used for storytelling purposes.
6. If your blog is about tutorials or how-to guides, images are very important because they show people exactly what they should do.
7. Once again, images can increase the value of your posts by making them more appealing and easier to understand.
8. Great images can attract people’s attention as soon as they spot them on search engine result pages (SERP) or social media sites like Facebook or Instagram.
9. Images are considered one of the most engaging forms of content and also one of the most shared types of media.
10. If you decide to share original images with your audience, they will do the same and can even engage more on social media sites.
Where do you find images for blog posts?
4. Google search (images) for finding free images
5. Canva (for more advanced custom graphics)
6. Depositphotos (for paid stock photos)
7. Use Photoshop or other similar software to make your own images
8. Pixlr (creative editing and collage sessions)
9. Placeit ( for products and lifestyle scenes, not very advanced but has a great variety of templates)
10. Designfeed (for images and templates)
11. Visual Hunt (has great images and is easy to navigate)
Images to use on your blog post!
1. Good images are crucial for making your blog posts more appealing.
2. Include high-quality, beautiful and crisp photos that will improve the look of your post.
3. Also, you can include royalty-free stock photos to make them less likely to violate copyright laws.
4. To be on the safe side, try not to use copyrighted images if you don’t want to get into trouble with image owners.
5. You may also include images that you’ve created yourself.
6. Take good pictures so they can represent your content in an accurate way.
7. Images are great for storytelling purposes, however, you should not overdo it and limit the number of story-telling images per post.
8. Quality matters, make sure all images you use on your blog posts are high-quality and sharp.
9. While taking photos, always try to take them at the best time of the day when light is perfect or during golden hour.
10. You should also avoid using low-quality images because they can do more harm than good.
They can even harm your page ranking if it’s getting too many of them.
11. Never use images that look pixelated or blurry, because people will most probably find the whole post unappealing and won’t continue reading further.
Can I write blog posts without images?
Yes, of course! Blog posts can be written even without images (although they might not look very good).
If you don’t want to use images on your blog posts, you can consider adding graphics or charts instead.
You could also use infographics that can be more informative than photos.
As a last resort, if you write long posts, you can use screenshots to break the text into smaller chunks.
So if you want to include multimedia content on your blog posts, it’s very important that you choose high-quality images because they will affect how people perceive your post.
Importance of images in SEO!
1. Images can improve your site’s SEO by making it rank higher in search engines because the posts with images tend to be more engaging and visually appealing.
2. Images make text content easier to understand and quicker to comprehend (visual aids like graphs, charts, and infographics work best here).
3. Adding several relevant photos for a post can also increase your post’s chances to appear on the first pages of search results.
4. Images can help you increase your site traffic, especially if images are linked back to your blog posts
(in this case, make sure you use optimized image ALT text for SEO purposes).
5. Using relevant keywords in image file names and ALT tags will also improve your site’s search rankings.
6. Inaccurate image file names and ALT tags can hurt the page ranking of the whole blog post.
So make sure you double-check your images before publishing a post on your website.
7. Using appropriate keywords in your image ALT tags will improve social media sharing rates because they have a significant impact on your post’s click-through rate.
8. Image optimization (using the appropriate keywords) will also help people find your images more easily.
When they’re sharing them on social media or using Google image search, which can increase the number of your site visitors.
9. Images help you to engage with your audience better because people like to explore different images and click on them.
10. Quality images will have a great impact on trust and authority factors.
I hope you understand why are images important for SEO and blog posts.
Images can be used to convey a message more effectively than words alone, and they’re an easy way to break up the text on your page.
They also give readers something visually interesting to look at while reading,
which means that if they need to take a break or stop reading altogether because of their schedule, it’s more likely that they’ll come back later when they have time!
Whether it’s using images as part of your content or adding them at the end to illustrate points you made in text form, understanding their power is key for any blogger looking to create interesting posts that will capture readers’ attention.
People also search for:
- Weighing the Deal: Are Free Premium Themes and Plugins Legit?
- Plugin Performance: How Plugins Can Influence WordPress Speed
- Copy Prevention Techniques: Keeping Your Blog Content Safe
- Designing Your Site: Considerations for Selecting the Perfect WordPress Theme
- The Traffic Battle: SEO vs. PPC – Which Strategy Reigns Supreme?