10+ Reasons Images are Important for SEO and Blog Posts!
Last Updated on 19th March 2023 by Ajmer Singh
Are you looking for reasons why are images important for SEO and blog posts?
Images are visually appealing – they give your post the wow factor.
Furthermore, including beautiful images in your content can increase traffic to your site, improve reader engagement and help in conversion rates.
10+ Reasons Images are important for SEO & Blogs
1. Images are one of the main factors for increasing the traffic and SEO value of your blog.
2. With images you can improve the quality and engagement of your posts, otherwise it will be boring to read.
3. When people see beautiful images they are more likely to share them on social media sites, which can increase backlinks to your site.
4. Google also prefers image content due to their rich pictures, which means you can get a ranking boost.
5. Images have the ability to tell a story in just one picture, so they can be used for storytelling purposes.
6. If your blog is about tutorials or how-to guides, images are very important because they show people exactly what they should do.
7. Once again, images can increase the value of your posts by making them more appealing and easier to understand.
8. Great images can attract people’s attention as soon as they spot them on search engine result pages (SERP) or social media sites like Facebook or Instagram.
9. Images are considered one of the most engaging forms of content and also one of the most shared types of media.
10. If you decide to share original images with your audience, they will do the same and can even engage more on social media sites.
Where do you find images for blog posts?
4. Google search (images) for finding free images
5. Canva (for more advanced custom graphics)
6. Depositphotos (for paid stock photos)
7. Use Photoshop or other similar software to make your own images
8. Pixlr (creative editing and collage sessions)
9. Placeit ( for products and lifestyle scenes, not very advanced but has a great variety of templates)
10. Designfeed (for images and templates)
11. Visual Hunt (has great images and is easy to navigate)
Check our list of 10+ Free Image Websites for WordPress without Copyright.
Images to use on your blog post!
1. Good images are crucial for making your blog posts more appealing.
2. Include high-quality, beautiful and crisp photos that will improve the look of your post.
3. Also, you can include royalty-free stock photos to make them less likely to violate copyright laws.
4. To be on the safe side, try not to use copyrighted images if you don’t want to get into trouble with image owners.
5. You may also include images that you’ve created yourself.
6. Take good pictures so they can represent your content in an accurate way.
7. Images are great for storytelling purposes, however, you should not overdo it and limit the number of story-telling images per post.
8. Quality matters, make sure all images you use on your blog posts are high-quality and sharp.
9. While taking photos, always try to take them at the best time of the day when light is perfect or during golden hour.
10. You should also avoid using low-quality images because they can do more harm than good.
They can even harm your page ranking if it’s getting too many of them.
11. Never use images that look pixelated or blurry, because people will most probably find the whole post unappealing and won’t continue reading further.
Can I write blog posts without images?
Yes, of course! Blog posts can be written even without images (although they might not look very good).
If you don’t want to use images on your blog posts, you can consider adding graphics or charts instead.
You could also use infographics that can be more informative than photos.
As a last resort, if you write long posts, you can use screenshots to break the text into smaller chunks.
So if you want to include multimedia content on your blog posts, it’s very important that you choose high-quality images because they will affect how people perceive your post.
Importance of images in SEO!
1. Images can improve your site’s SEO by making it rank higher in search engines because the posts with images tend to be more engaging and visually appealing.
2. Images make text content easier to understand and quicker to comprehend (visual aids like graphs, charts, and infographics work best here).
3. Adding several relevant photos for a post can also increase your post’s chances to appear on the first pages of search results.
4. Images can help you increase your site traffic, especially if images are linked back to your blog posts
(in this case, make sure you use optimized image ALT text for SEO purposes).
5. Using relevant keywords in image file names and ALT tags will also improve your site’s search rankings.
6. Inaccurate image file names and ALT tags can hurt the page ranking of the whole blog post.
So make sure you double-check your images before publishing a post on your website.
7. Using appropriate keywords in your image ALT tags will improve social media sharing rates because they have a significant impact on your post’s click-through rate.
8. Image optimization (using the appropriate keywords) will also help people find your images more easily.
When they’re sharing them on social media or using Google image search, which can increase the number of your site visitors.
9. Images help you to engage with your audience better because people like to explore different images and click on them.
10. Quality images will have a great impact on trust and authority factors.
FAQS on images in blog posts!
Q: What is the best size for images?
A: The best image size for SEO is between 75-100 kb.
Avoid using extremely small or large pictures, because search engines can’t understand them well enough to give you credit for them.
Q: Can I just copy photos from other websites?
A: No! Plagiarism is a crime and it can cause severe problems, so avoid using images from other people’s websites without giving them credit.
You should never steal photos or graphics that you didn’t create as well as those that belong to your competitors.
Q: What if I just want to use an image for fun? Does this count?
A: Again, no! Using images for fun is stealing too.
Even if you aren’t using them for making money, that doesn’t mean it’s okay to just use other people’s photos.
Q: What are the best tools for creating professional-looking graphics?
A: There are many useful online tools that can help you create great images for your blog posts. Here are some of the best options:
3. Adobe Spark
Q: How many images should I use per post?
A: There is no specific number that you need to match for all of your blog posts.
But you should always make sure that the images are relevant to the content.
Using the same photo more than once will also work, especially if it is a very high-quality picture or an infographic.
Q: How do I make sure that my blog images look great?
A: It is very important to optimize your blog images before you share them online.
You should use the appropriate size and make sure they look good in different sizes (so people can see them well on mobile devices).
Also, if you’re using photos from other websites, always check their image ALT tags before using them.
This way, you’ll make sure that the image is optimized for SEO purposes.
Q: How do I optimize my blog images?
A: There are many different ways to make your images look good and rank better in search engines.
First of all, you need to use the appropriate size dimensions because the size has a big impact on how people will see your images and interact with them.
Secondly, you need to optimize your images so they can appear on the first pages of search results.
This means using the right keywords for those ALT tags and file names, as well as adding alternative text (so people who can’t see your images will still know what’s on them).
Finally, you need to make sure that your images are of high quality and that they actually tell a story.
They should show people the value of the products or services you’re offering, so be creative!
You can also lazy load images on your site using Autoptimize for fast loading.
Q: How long do blog images usually last before they are removed from search engine results?
A: It highly depends on the size of your blog, but you can expect the most high-quality images to last for at least a year or more.
Also, it’s important that people continue visiting your website regularly because this will improve the image’s rankings on Google.
Q: Is it okay to use affiliate images?
A: Yes, as long as you’re not using the same image over and over again (which can be considered content theft).
Q: Do blog images improve my site’s speed?
A: Using high-quality images can dramatically slow down your website’s speed, so you should always try to choose the smallest image sizes.
Also, remember that you should never use more than 1-2 heavy images per blog post because this will significantly affect your page loading times.
Q: What if I only want to use images for my blog posts?
A: Some people prefer to use other types of content for their website instead of using photos or videos.
For example, you can create infographics and tutorials because these are just as effective as images and they don’t require any large files.
On the other hand, if you’re looking to build a brand online, you should definitely use images because they are proven to be more effective than other types of content.
Q: I don’t want to deal with SEO for my blog post’s image. Is there anything else I can do?
A: Yes! You can leave the “alt” tag empty, but remember that it’s always better to use those tags properly.
Also, you can double-check the file name because it has a significant impact on SEO and how people will find your images later.
Q: I still have some questions about blog post images and their importance. What should I do now?
A: We know that this article doesn’t cover all of the issues related to blog images, so feel free to comment.
You can also try using different image sizes and file names and then check your results and see what works best for your website.
I hope you understand why are images important for SEO and blog posts.
Images can be used to convey a message more effectively than words alone, and they’re an easy way to break up the text on your page.
They also give readers something visually interesting to look at while reading,
which means that if they need to take a break or stop reading altogether because of their schedule, it’s more likely that they’ll come back later when they have time!
Whether it’s using images as part of your content or adding them at the end to illustrate points you made in text form,
understanding their power is key for any blogger looking to create interesting posts that will capture readers’ attention.
I hope this article helps you understand why images are important for blogging!